Monday, January 24, 2011

Netflix is addictive!

If any of you have Netflix and stream movies online and to your tv through one device or another, then you know how easy it is to get lost in watching one movie after another.  Especially on a rare day off when you have promised yourself that you aren't going to do anything but sit in front of the tv and get caught up on all the movies that you have been meaning to watch.

Well, my two lovely daughters and I got caught up and then some.  Guess what guys, there are limits to how much data you can stream before you internet provider calls you up basically ask you, 'What the hell?!'  Now I know that many wireless providers have tiered plans with different download and upload limits, but I had no idea that the high speed service that we have had for years had it's limits.  In 5+ years we have never reached this unknown limit, so hey.

People, my daughters and I (along with a few other family members) reached the one hundred and some odd gig download limit and blew that sucker out of the water by another two hundred gigs!  I was floored.  After going back and looking at my viewed movies on Netflix, I couldn't believe my eyes.  In a months time we watched over three hundred movies and or tv shows!!  How in the HELL!?

I work and my kids are in school so what?!  And then it dawned on me.  For two weeks they were out for Christmas Vacation, then thanks to the snow they were out for another week just a few days after returning to school after the holiday break.  If it was the summer time then they would have been outside riding bikes or what not.  But thanks to the cold and wet weather, and the fact that almost everyone has their own laptop and they all stream movies to them, we watched an ass of movies.

Again...wow

No comments:

Post a Comment