Sunday, December 12, 2010

Please read my blog!!

I have reached one milestone, obtaining a publishing contract, but that is only the first step.  As my manuscript travels the road from file on my laptop to actual novel, I have to start thinking about the steps I need to take to promote my novel and myself.

I have read tons of  articles about hosting book signings and organizing book launch parties and I have learned one thing...no matter how much I read, it's still daunting.

I have so many great ideas but I feel like the unpopular high school kid that plans a party and then the unthinkable happens and no one shows up.  What if I do all this planning and no one shows up to my launch party?  My family and friends say that's the wrong attitude to have and they are right.  But doubts are a part of life right.

As I sit down and begin planning my promotion strategy and working on book trailers, I will remind myself to take a step back and thank the Lord for all that he has blessed me with.  I must believe that he hasn't presented these opportunities to me only to have me fail.  I will work to make my novels a success.

So begins my journey to becoming a published author.  I hope you guys will take this journey with me.  I'll post weekly about the progress of Crimson Dawn and what I am learning along the way.

Peace be with you and thanks for checking me out!!

No comments:

Post a Comment